This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting digital accounting practice that specialises in serving business clients, with a particular focus on agency clients.
The role is incredibly varied, and the successful applicant will be supporting a Client Financial Controller to support a portfolio of clients. The role involves working closely with our clients and the rest of the team to deliver an exceptional expert and dedicated service.
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service focus, have experience working in practice and ideally have a good working knowledge of Xero. They will have an understanding of the issues faced by growing businesses and be familiar with preparing statutory accounts and tax returns.
For the right candidate, there is scope for the role to be either full time or part-time (between 3 and 5 days per week) as well as the opportunity to work flexibly. The role is a temp to perm with an initial 3-month probation period.
de Jong & Phillips are a welcoming and dedicated team and we have ambitious plans to grow.
We love to enable our clients to focus on their business while we work our magic supporting them with their accounting and tax needs using the cloud-based accounting software, Xero.
We recruit talented people that enjoy the excitement of working at the cutting edge of the accounting world, using the latest technologies and with a focus on delivering exceptional service.
As well as technical training delivered by some of the country’s top technical experts, we have on the job training, weekly training updates and send delegates to attend Xerocon where we enjoy sharing the excitement of being at the fore of what is happening in the digital accounting world.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and enthusiastic team member with previous experience working in practice who is comfortable working with the latest digital technologies and speaking to clients.
The role would suit an accountant who is working towards their ACA or ACCA exams and is a competent bookkeeper. Xero skills would be a bonus.
These will include such activities as:
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Answering client queries on bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and confirmation statements
- Supporting trainees with bookkeeping queries
- Supporting the running of payrolls through Xero
- Preparing draft Statutory Accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Preparing draft Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Reviewing and continuously improving the processes and controls we adopt within the team given the fast-paced technological environment that we work in.
- Working closely with the bookkeeping, payroll, administrative staff and Partners to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
- Enthusiasm to embrace the changes in the accounting profession and help us to continue to offer efficient, market-leading services. This will include taking the initiative to develop and implement new processes to take advantage of evolving technology solutions
- Ability to build a welcoming and friendly rapport with clients and deliver great customer service
- Familiarity with Xero, Xero Payroll, Taxcalc, and Karbon would be ideal but not essential as full training will be given
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, current accounting standards, and relevant tax framework is necessary
If you or someone you know who may be interested please put them in touch. Thank you.