How to spread the cost of paying deferred VAT
HMRC has announced a new online VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme that gives…
This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting Award-winning digital accounting practice that specialises in serving business clients, with a particular focus on agency clients.
The role would suit a recent graduate/school leaver who is organised and energetic with a talent for numbers. The role will be incredibly varied, giving the ideal candidate the chance to learn all aspects of the accountancy profession whilst working towards the AAT/ ACA/ACCA qualifications.
The role is to assist the Accountants and Client Managers with bookkeeping and company secretarial work for a range of clients. The role involves working closely with our clients and the rest of the team to deliver an exceptional expert and dedicated service.
de Jong Phillips is an Award-winning accounting practice with ambitious plans to grow.
We love to enable our clients to focus on their business while we work our magic supporting them with their accounting and tax needs using the cloud-based accounting software, Xero.
We recruit talented people that enjoy the excitement of working at the cutting edge of the accounting world, using the latest technologies and with a focus on delivering exceptional service.
As well as technical training delivered by some of the country's top technical experts, we have on the job training, weekly training updates and send delegates to attend Xerocon where we enjoy sharing the excitement of being at the fore of what is happening in the digital accounting world.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and enthusiastic team member with previous experience working in practice, who is comfortable working with the latest digital technologies and speaking with clients.
These will include such activities as:
- Daily and monthly bookkeeping for clients
- Fixed Asset Management
- VAT return preparation
- Preparation of Annual Confirmation Statements
- Preparation of Annual Accounts for dormant companies
- Preparation of dividend vouchers and minutes
- Assist Accountants to prepare financial statements
- Liaising with clients and HMRC
- Training clients on Xero and Receiptbank and other relevant apps
- Reviewing and continuously improving the processes and controls we adopt within the team given the fast-paced technological environment we work in.
- Working closely with the bookkeeping, payroll, administrative staff, and Partners to deliver seamless service to our clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communiation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good time management
Salary: £12,000 - £16,000 per year
We are working 100% remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to an office environment. At the moment we do not foresee this happening before April 2021.
If you think this might be the role for you, please send in a CV and short video (3 to 5 minutes) telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org