Looking for a new role?
This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting Xero Award-nominated digital accounting practice that specialises in working with agency clients.
The role is incredibly varied, and the successful applicant will be supporting the Client Manager deliver an exceptional service to a portfolio of clients. The role involves working closely with both our clients and the rest of the team and includes assisting with the supervision and training of junior team members.
The ideal candidate will be a newly qualified accountant, have a strong customer service focus, have experience working in practice, and ideally have a good working knowledge of Xero. They will have an understanding of the issues faced by growing businesses and be familiar with preparing statutory accounts and tax returns.
For the right candidate, there is scope for the role to be either full-time or part-time (between 3 and 5 days a week) and have the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely. The role has an initial 3 month probation period.
de Jong Phillips are a welcoming and dedicated team and we have ambitious plans to grow.
We love to enable our clients to focus on their business while we work our magic supporting them with their accounting and tax needs using the cloud-based accounting software, Xero.
We recruit talented people that enjoy the excitement of working at the cutting edge of the accounting world, using the latest technologies and with a focus on delivering exceptional service.
As well as technical training delivered by some of the country’s top technical experts, we have on-the-job training, weekly training updates and send delegates to attend Xerocon where we enjoy sharing the excitement of being at the fore of what is happening in the digital accounting world.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and enthusiastic team member who shares our values. You’ll have previous experience working in practice, and be comfortable working with the latest digital technologies and speaking with clients.
The role would suit an accountant who is fully qualified and is a competent bookkeeper. Xero skills would be a bonus.
- Prepare financial accounts with a high degree of accuracy
- Complete jobs on time, within budget
- Generate leads and bring on new clients
- Manage workload and establish priorities
- Identify and address workflow issues
- Achieve monthly budget and other KPIs
- Reallocate jobs when required
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with clients
- Good understanding of accounting principles and GAAP, including FRS 102, Month-end process, and journals.
- Knowledge of Self Assessment Tax return sufficient to train junior team members.
- Advanced VAT knowledge sufficient to train junior team members
- Relating to clients and understand their needs
- Managing clients proactively
- Delegating effectively
- Ability to clearly articulate value of services to clients and gain conceptual agreement to proceed with additional services
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Assist other team members where appropriate
- Work in a focussed manner and with attention to detail
- Display each of the following attributes – excellent work ethic / punctual / proactive / organised / proactive / professional
- Enthusiasm to embrace the changes in the accounting profession and help us to continue to offer efficient, market-leading services. This will include taking the initiative to develop and implement new processes to take advantage of evolving technology solutions.
- Ability to build a welcoming and friendly rapport with clients and deliver great customer service
- Familiarity with Xero, Xero Payroll, Taxcalc, and Karbon would be ideal but not essential as full training will be given.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, current accounting standards, and relevant tax framework is necessary.
- Flexible Schedule
- Mix of work from home and office-based
We are working 100% remotely at the moment but will be moving into our new office based in Epsom very soon.
- CA / ACA / ACCA qualified.
- 3+ years of Practice experience
- Xero Certified
If you think this might be the role for you, please send in a CV and short video (3 to 5 minutes) telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in this role to email@example.com
Latest from our blog
If you’ve ever asked yourself ‘what is financial forecasting and why is it important?’, our latest blog explains it all and reveals how your business could benefit.
de Jong Phillips gave us profound help through the pandemic - it’s difficult to imagine where we’d be without them. We’re an established communications agency for culture and the arts, but April 2020 was our first month working with them and we suddenly had no work...
de Jong Phillips is more than just an accountant, they’re like having a strategic business partner.